I often find myself comparing myself against others. Constantly wondering how in the world do I get to where they are. Whether its a another blogger or an artist, I am compare my beginning to their middle. Its as though I have blinders on and only see the end result of other peoples hard work and efforts, rather than the full picture.
So when I go to attempt something like blogging or calligraphy I compare myself in the beginning and get really discouraged because I am not as good as the people I look up to. Then I take the easy route and give up on what I was working on when the task (ie this blog)
This past month I discovered that its really not about comparison but starting. Starting and remember every small step you take will bring you that much closer to the success you want.
Here's 3 steps I use to getting over my comparison need.
1. Start, post your first post, film your first video, start on that project
2. If you're tempted to compare yourself, start at their beginning, whether it be their first blog post, video or artistic piece.
3. Just keep on going and remember that you making progress everyday you put in time.
With that I want to make an announcement, I recently launch a new site:
granted I still have a lot of work to do, ie put up my items. But I thought it was approiate to show the progress I have made on it so far. I never thought I would be this close to launching something. Ill make an official announcement soon but for now you can find my blog post there under "rambles"
Like how July was the start of summer for me, October is the start of fall.
Anna Green Gables (L. M. Montgomery) said it best when she said
To say time flew by would not be an exaggeration. But these past few months have had me asking myself a million different questions as to what I want to do with my career and my life. With so many different options in the picture, I've been starting to question the path I drew for myself and started exploring ones I never thought were possible nor did I ever think I would want.
Some updates from me since I last posted:
1. I miss Europe terribly and am hoping to spend an extend amount of time their in the next couple of years (London Ideally)
2. I quit a job I hated and found a one I respected.
3. I decided to venture out into the wonderful and scary world of running a small calligraphy / stationery / wedding shop to be announced super soon :)
4. I went to my first canucks game, this was just on monday so its still fresh
5. Realize that its okay to take chances and venture off of your ideal path - more later.
6. Decide to hold off / limit my shopping until late november
7. Bought an Iphone 6 - yay for better instagram
8. Decide to rebrand and move over to a .com, again more on the move later
9. Made a new 101 things in 1001 days found here
10. learned how to make macaroons
11. went my first canucks game
12. Learned how to follow my heart & passion.
13. The value of keeping relationships & making friends.
14. Learned to hustle, hard.
With all these revelations being said, I think my blog will change into more a lifestyle blog than a fashion or beauty blog.
One of the things that are definitely on my wishlist at the moment is a simple brown leather tote. I came a across a few since seeing the amazing With Love From Kat's show hers continuously in photos, but none of them have been the right colour. Since shopping in stores haven't turned out well I have turned to online shopping. Here's hoping I can find one by summers end.
You would think that after coming back from the mesmerizing trip that was Europe I would tone down shopping. But Surprising I didn't have any debt coming back therefore naturally I would spend what I made coming back to work. And looking back I think to myself what in the world was I thinking
Oh and sales tempted me all around:
Sephora on Ebates at one point was doing 15% cash back
JCREW was an additional 50% off all sale
LOFT was an additional 60% off
The Kate Spade Outlet was doing extra 40% than additional 10% for buying 3 items (my sister went in on this with me)
Dynamite's Outlet was doing additional 40% all sale
Life has been catching up with me these past couple of weeks, I know I said I would be more consistent but to be honestly there was so much more I had to do and by the time I started to blog again I was dead tired. Trying to adjust to a new schedule at work and finding a new job has had me tied up most evening and days. Between, hunting, rewriting and writing resumes and cover letter, the application process took longer than I thought. But now that I got of the applications I wanted to get out I have more down time in the evenings.
This palette just provides me with the best glow. I have dry skin and its usually pretty dull but this brighten it up in the best way possible. I know that each shade is meant to do a particular thing but I just use it as a powder and I love it.
I bought this because in my head it would be like Dior Addict Fluid Stick would be like. No I haven't had the pleasure in trying that (I've bought too many lipsticks this month). But in my head this is a dupe. Even if its not, this is an amazing product, I love the initial application but I love the stain it leaves after the product is gone even more.
Can I start with saying I can't believe this is in my possession? My amazing sister bought this for me as a graduation present. I am still in aw of it. I use it whenever I can and it surprisingly fits more than I thought it could. Not to mention it was beautiful and perfect.